Use an 12 inch in diameter pan for this recipe as the batch makes a very large pancake. If you have a smaller pan, feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tbsp butter ((See notes below))
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the milk, flour, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Really froth this mixture up! The more frothy, the puffier the pancake will be.
- In a large skillet (12 x 9) (like a cast iron pan if you have one), melt the 8 tbsp of butter over medium heat until it is bubbly, and tilt the pan until the butter coats the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the pancake batter into the skillet and let it cook for about 1 minute, without stirring!
- Then place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- The pancake is done when it is golden brown and puffed up.
- Once the pancake is done serve immediately (while it’s puffed up), because it will shrink quickly!
- Serve with syrup or cinnamon sugar.
Feel free to use less butter if you prefer. We always use 8 tbsp, but if you find this to be too much for your liking, use 4 – 6 tbsp.