Make this DIY Giant Evergreen Wreath with Plaid and Dried Oranges to celebrate the holiday season! Easy to make and so beautiful!
- 1 large grapevine wreath base: I bought the biggest one I could find at Michaels…but still small enough that it will fit on my door.
- evergreen sprigs: fresh and/or faux evergreen sprigs (or both like I used). I used sprigs of fir, cedar and pine.
- 4 large faux evergreen sprigs
- 2 large faux flocked evergreen sprigs that I cut into pieces to stuff into the wreath
- ~ 8 fresh cedar sprigs
- ~ 6 fresh pine sprigs
- ~ 10 small fresh evergreen sprigs for filling gaps
- sprigs of berries: 4 sprigs of faux red berries (I just snipped them off to stuff in)
- pine cones, about 4
- dried orange slices, about 6
- ribbon, I used a cloth plaid ribbon
- green floral wire or twine for securing the evergreen sprigs (if necessary…I don’t use any)
- Hang the grapevine wreath base on a wreath hanger on a door inside. This to be the easiest way to assemble a wreath, because you can see what you are doing.
- Start by inserting 2 large faux evergreen sprigs at the base of the wreath, one on each side for balance, with the stem towards the bottom of the wreath, and the evergreen fanning upward. Use a little bit of floral wire to secure them if necessary.
- Stuff in 2 pieces of the faux flocked stems above the 2 that are already placed.
- Then stuff in more pieces of the faux evergreen stems above the faux ones.
- Now tuck in the fresh cedar, pine and evergreen sprigs at random, securing with wire as needed. Basically, what I do to one side of the wreath, I do to the other, for balance.
- Tuck in the berries, pinecones and dried orange slices, securing with wire as needed. For the oranges, I tied them on with floral wire.
- Step back, have a look and see if both sides mirror each other, and add and adjust as needed.
- Wrap the plaid ribbon on the base of the wreath, leaving ribbon trailing down. I tie the ribbon on like a scarf.
- Hang and enjoy!
Keywords: evergreen wreath, DIY evergreen wreath, giant wreath