These Dill Scalloped Potatoes are creamy, cheesy and SO delicious!
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- pinch nutmeg
- 10 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish, by greasing the inside with butter.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch, salt, paprika and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl mix together the sliced potatoes, sliced green onions, dill and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the potatoes and mix well. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup mix together the milk and cream. Set aside.
- Layer half of the potato mixture in the baking dish, then gradually pour half of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Layer the remaining potatoes, and add the rest of the cream.
- Sprinkle the grated Swiss cheese over the potatoes.
- Cover the dish with a piece of tin foil, lightly buttered on one side.
- Bake covered for 1 1/4 hours.
- Then after this time, remove the tin foil and continue to bake for 25 – 35 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Let the dish stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake