This Crockpot Mango Chicken with Mango Salsa is a delicious weeknight dinner idea! Serve this tender and sweet chicken with steamed rice or quinoa, and top with a fresh mango salsa.
Crockpot Mango Chicken:
- 10 – 12 boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 cup gingerale
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
Fresh Mango Salsa:
- 2 fresh mangoes (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 3 tbsp mango juice
- To a crockpot, add the chicken thighs, ginger ale, mango juice, onion, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- For the salsa, combine all the fresh ingredients and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour so the flavours have time to meld.
- About 20 minutes before the chicken is cooked, prepare your quinoa according to the package directions.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the crockpot with a slotted spoon, and shred it using 2 forks.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked quinoa and top with fresh salsa.