This Creamy Tomato Macaroni & Cheese can be on your table in under 1 hour!
- 1 lb (450 g) elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I sometimes add 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (mild, medium or sharp Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Then drain and set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter and cook the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the flour to the onion mix and stir, mixing thoroughly.
- Whisk in the milk, and stir until the mixture is thickened.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and oregano. Stir until the tomatoes are warmed through.
- Gradually stir in the grated and parmesan cheeses.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
I put my finished macaroni in an oven proof dish, covered it, and kept it in a 300 degree oven until dinner time. (Maximum time was 15 minutes.)