These Creamy Smothered Pork Chops are tender and so delicious after lightly simmering in a creamy and flavourful sauce. Serve over egg noodles. Ready in less than 1 hour.
One hour weeknight meals are my jam. If I can get a healthy and delicious meal on the table in less than 1 hour I’m a happy Mom. So when I have a recipe that I think you’ll love too, I have to share it! These Creamy Smothered Pork Chops are that kind of recipe.
What I love most about this recipe, aside from the fact that it’s SO delicious, is that you make everything in one dish. Sear the chops, saute the vegetables and simmer the creamy sauce all in one pan…making clean up so simple. Ok…full disclosure…you will need one more pan to boil the noodles in 😉
But really, this is such a quick and easy meal to make. With just a few minutes of prep, you’re less than an hour away from a delicious dinner.
The end result is tender pork chops in a creamy sauce that’s delicious over egg noodles. You can also double the recipe and invite some friends over on a weekend to enjoy this dish over a glass of wine! Yes.Print
These Creamy Smothered Pork Chops are tender and so delicious after lightly simmering in a creamy and flavourful sauce. Serve over egg noodles.
- 6 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 – 298 mL can of chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine (optional: you can use more chicken broth or water instead)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a skillet on medium/high heat, warm up 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season the pork chops generously with salt and fresh ground pepper, on both sides.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops and transfer them to a plate.
- Using the same skillet melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the sliced onions, minced garlic and sliced mushrooms, and cook until soft and the moisture from the mushrooms has cooked off.
- Add the dried thyme and flour to the onion mixture, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and wine, and simmer until the sauce thickens. Make sure to scrape up and stir in all the good brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little extra water.
- Stir in the heavy cream and sour cream.
- Add the pork chops and simmer for about 10 – 15 more minutes, or until the chops are cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions and serve over egg noodles or fettuccine noodles.
More Delicious 1 Hour Meals:
- Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
- Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
- Cabbage Roll Soup
Have a delicious day!