These Creamy Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops are a quick and delicious weeknight meal! Tender chops simmered in a creamy parmesan garlic sauce. Toss in fresh spinach and serve over noodles.
- 4 – 5 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- egg noodles or your favourite pasta
- In a skillet on medium/high heat, warm up 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Season both sides of the pork chops generously with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops and transfer them to a plate.
- Using the same skillet melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the onions, minced garlic and sliced mushrooms, and cook until soft and the moisture from the mushrooms has cooked off.
- Add the flour to the mixture, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and and simmer until the sauce thickens. Make sure to scrape up and stir in all the good brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little extra broth or water.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the pork chops and simmer for about 10 – 15 more minutes, or until the chops are cooked thoroughly. Stir often so the sauce doesn’t burn to the pan.
- Stir in 1 cup of fresh spinach and simmer until the spinach is wilted, so just a couple of minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles or your favourite pasta.