This Creamy Gouda Cheese Cauliflower Bake is a delicious and easy side dish for any time of year!
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cup grated Grizzly Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup extra grated Grizzly Gouda cheese for the top
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- First cook the cauliflower. In a pot of boiling water, boil the cauliflower pieces for about 3 minutes…you don’t want them to cook fully, just until slightly tender. Drain, and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter then stir in the flour. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the whole milk, and stir until thickened. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and the dry mustard. Mix well.
- Stir in the grated cheese until melted.
- Add the cooked cauliflower pieces to a baking dish, then pour on the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- When done baking you may find the dish a bit watery, but just give it a good stir before serving and it will be nice and creamy.
- Sprinkle on some chopped green onion, and serve.
- Category: Appetizer