Creamy Corn Bisque
This Creamy Corn Bisque is made with simple pantry ingredients. Ready and on your table in 30 minutes!
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 cups corn (separated into 2 cups and 1 cup) (canned or frozen)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (see notes)
- 2 tbsp chopped chives for garnish
- In a skillet, on low-medium heat, melt the butter then add the chopped onion, carrots, celery, thyme and red pepper flakes. Saute until soft.
- Once the vegetables are soft, stir in the flour and saute for about 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken broth and 2 cups of the corn, and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Then take the soup and put it into a food processor and puree. The more powerful your blender, the more creamy your soup is.
- Once the soup has been pureed, return it to the pan, then add the remaining 1 cup of corn, plus the 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Simmer until the soup has warmed all the way through.
- Serve with the chopped chives or green onion for garnish.
Keywords: corn soup, corn bisque