These Creamy Chicken & Green Chili Enchiladas are a simple and delicious dinner idea. And they can be on your table in under 1 hour! Use a rotisserie chicken to speed things up!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (basically 2 chicken breast halves of a rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 small soft corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 – 4 oz cans of diced green chillies
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Warm up your corn tortillas before you use them, or they will crumble when you try to roll them. To do this, wrap the stack of tortillas up in tin foil, and place them the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While the tortillas are warming up, in a bowl combine the shredded chicken and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Once the tortillas are warmed up, divide the chicken/cheese mixture between the 10 tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place them folded side down in the greased baking dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken broth and whisk, until the mixture is thick and bubbling.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, then stir in the chilis. Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes, then stir in the sour cream. If you stir in the sour cream when the mixture is too hot, it will curdle.
- Once the sour cream has been stirred in, pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minute baking time, turn your oven on to broil and broil for about 3-4 minutes, to get the cheese browned and bubbling.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, and a green salad!