This Creamy Cheddar Macaroni Salad is the perfect summer pasta salad. It’s loaded with peppers, celery, onions, chunks of cheddar cheese and elbow noodles, all covered in a tangy sour cream dressing.
- 4 cups of cooked elbow noodles (about 2 cups dried)
- 1 bell pepper cut into small chunks
- 2 celery sticks cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cheddar cheese chunks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Cool and rinse with cold water.
- Blend together the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, vinegar, sugar and salt & pepper.
- In a serving bowl, combine the noodles and chopped vegetables, then toss with the dressing.
- Let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (1 hour or more is best).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Salad
Keywords: pasta salad, cheddar macaroni salad