This Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta is a healthy and delicious dinner. It’s creamy and so flavourful!
- 1 cups medium sized butternut squash (roasted (makes about 4 of pureed squash))
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- spaghetti noodles
- For this recipe I like to roast the butternut squash first. I find it has the best flavour.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds. Lay the 2 halves on a baking sheet, cover with tin foil, and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Once the squash is roasted, use a spoon and scrape out the insides, putting them into a blender.
- Puree the squash until it is smooth. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter over low – medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until soft.
- Stir in the ground sage, and cook for about one minute.
- Add the butternut squash puree, and stir.
- Turn down the heat to low.
- Whisk in the whole milk. Depending on how thick the sauce is, you may need to add more.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss with your favourite pasta and serve with extra parmesan cheese.