This Cranberry Orange Marmalade is a sweet, tangy and flavourful spread. Delicious with cheese, spread on toast, stirred into yogurt and so many other ways! Ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 oranges
- zest from 2 oranges
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (chopped finely)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Using the large side of a grater, grate your oranges to make zest, being careful not to grate the white pith of the orange. Set the zest aside.
- Then slice the oranges in half and scoop out all of the orange pulp and juice (see above image) into a pan/skillet. Set aside.
- Using a food processor pulse the fresh cranberries until they are finely chopped.
- Then add the orange zest, chopped cranberries and sugar to the pan/skillet with the orange pulp and juice. Mix well.
- Simmer over medium – low heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the mixture softens and the sugar dissolves, about 15 minutes or so.
- The marmalade is done when it has the consistency of soft jam.
- Cool the marmalade to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Jam