These Cranberry Orange Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies are a delicious slice and bake Christmas cookie! A rich and buttery brown sugar shortbread with tart cranberries and sweet orange zest.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange zest
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Add the flour slowly, and mix well.
- Chop the dried cranberries into small pieces, and add them to the batter. Mix well.
- You will find the dough quite dry, but don’t worry it’s supposed to be like that. Just mix the dough with your hands until if firms up into a ball, then make 2 balls.
- Once the dough is firm, roll each ball in parchment paper to make 2 logs, 2″ in diameter. Wrap each log tightly. One batch to bake now, and one to bake later!
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the log into 1/4″ slices, and bake for ~10 minutes.
Keywords: brown sugar shortbread, Christmas cookies, cranberry orange shortbread, shortbread cookies