Serving up a small crowd? This Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast is a simple and easy way to enjoy Christmas dinner!
- 1 boneless (skinless turkey breast (approx 2 lbs See notes.))
- olive oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground sage
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Make the Cranberry Sauce:
- Add the fresh cranberries, rosemary sprig, sugar, water and orange juice to a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to soften and the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to low-medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce is the consistency of jam. This takes about 10 minutes or so.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, and any stray leaves that came off during cooking.
- Mash the cranberry sauce until it is as smooth as possible (without large chunks of cranberry).
- Set aside.
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- Brush the turkey breast with olive oil.
- Season the turkey breast with the sage, salt and pepper. I don’t have an exact amount of ground sage that I use, I just lightly shake it on the turkey breast.
- Spread the cranberry sauce all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover it completely.
- Roast the turkey for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature measures 165 degrees.
- When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for about 5 minutes.
Serving the Turkey:
- When it is time to serve the turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain.
- Serve with all your favourite side dishes, and enjoy!
One (approximately 2 pounds) turkey breast will feed our family of 5 comfortably.
Keywords: cranberry glaze, turkey breast