If you love the Starbucks Lemon Loaf, then you will love this copycat recipe inspired by it! This moist and lemony loaf is topped with a sweet and tangy lemon icing. So delicious.
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest from 3 lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a mixer beat together the oil and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Then mix in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mix to the lemon batter mixture.
- Then add 1/2 of the buttermilk.
- Add the remaining flour mix.
- Mix in the remaining buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When the loaf is done baking, let it cool completely before adding the icing.
- To make the icing, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice at a time to the powdered sugar. Keep adding the lemon juice until you get the consistency that you want.
- Once the loaf has cooled completely, pour the icing over the loaf.
- Allow the loaf to rest for at least 1 hour before eating it. This allows the flavours to deepen.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Category: Loaf
- Method: Baking
Keywords: lemon loaf, copycat Starbucks lemon loaf