This Coconut Bundt Cake is a delicious moist cake with a light coconut flavour. The coconut sugar glaze elevates this cake to the next level.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Bundt pan by buttering the pan and lightly dusting with flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add vanilla, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and coconut flakes.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the coconut milk. Repeat until all combined.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Once the cake has baked, let it cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and drizzle on the coconut glaze, and sprinkle with sweetened shredded coconut. If you like, you can even toast the coconut then sprinkle it on.