This Coconut Lime Thai Chicken is delicious served over a bed of rice. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of coconut, lime, ginger and garlic.
If you’re looking to switch up you dinner routine, try this Roasted Coconut Lime Thai Chicken! This is a great recipe…the chicken is marinated in a mixture of coconut, lime, ginger and garlic, making it SO tender and flavourful. It’s wonderful served with rice (coconut rice is especially delicious). This will quickly become a family favourite!
- Chicken: Use a mixture of chicken thighs and drumsticks with the skin on.
- Marinade Time: Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better!
- Roasting Tip: Place the pieces of chicken, skin side up, on an oven-proof wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Make sure to shake off any excess marinade before doing so.
- Double it! This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled if you are feeding a crowd.
Coconut Lime Thai Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Marinade Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Roasting
- 12 – 16 pieces chicken like thighs and drumsticks (with the skin on)
- grated zest from 2 limes
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 – 3 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 lime cut in to small wedges
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- hoisin sauce for dipping
- cooked rice
- In a large bowl mix together the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and coconut milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add the chicken pieces, making sure they are submerged.
- Marinate for 4 – 12 hours. Overnight is best for maximum flavour!
Baking the Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil, then place a wire rack on the foil.
- Place the pieces of chicken, skin side up, on an oven-proof wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Make sure to shake off any excess marinade before doing so.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked, serve them on a platter with all the garnishes, then get your hands dirty and enjoy!
- Serve with cooked brown or jasmine rice.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
PIN IT to make later!
More delicious roasted chicken recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Homemade Chicken Fingers
- Oven Baked Crunchy Chicken
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs
Have a delicious day!