- 1 L chicken broth
- 1 – 400 mL Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk Lite
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut (cut into 1 inch chunks (see notes))
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced vegetables (red pepper (carrots, snow peas, white onion, bean sprouts))
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 – 198 g box Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles (See notes)
- 1/2 cup to 1 herbs (cilantro and mint)
Making the soup:
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth, coconut milk and fresh ginger to a simmer.
- Stir in the fish sauce and curry paste, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the halibut and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 3 – 5 more minutes, or until the halibut is cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- In another pot boil the rice noodles for 3 – 5 minutes, then drain and rinse. (see notes)
Putting it all together:
- In a large serving bowl, add the noodles then pour the soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with the fresh herbs (cilantro and mint), and serve right away!
- Make sure to boil your rice noodles separately. If you add them to the broth uncooked, they will soak up all your broth!
- Tip! You don’t have to use halibut for this recipe. You can substitute it for any meaty white fish like cod. It’s just as good!