This Classic Potato Salad is a delicious side dish for any time of year. Tastes just like what Grandma used to make!
- 8 – 10 medium potatoes
- 5 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 –2 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 tsp seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- Mix together all the salad dressing ingredients (I use a hand blender to make sure the dressing is creamy).
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the raw potatoes into quarters, then add them to the boiling water and boil for 10 – 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, strain the water and let them cool slightly. Then cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Cut the boiled eggs into small pieces.
- Slice the green onion.
Putting it all together:
- Add the potatoes, egg and green onion into a serving bowl, then toss with half of the dressing.
- Add more dressing as desired.
- I like to let my potato salad rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour, then add more dressing after this time.
- Serve and enjoy!