This Classic Cheese Ball is a perfect party appetizer! This delicious no nut cheese ball recipe is made with cream cheese, old cheddar and a crust of dried apricots, cranberries, bacon and green onion. So good.
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp finely minced green onion
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
Cheese Ball Topping:
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh green onions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 dried apricots
- 8 slices cooked bacon (well done)
Making the Cheese Ball:
- Using a mixer whip the cream cheese until it is nice and smooth.
- Mix in the grated cheddar cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using your hands, (you can grease them slightly with butter), shape the mixture into a ball.
- Set aside and prepare the ingredients for the crust.
Cheese Ball Crust:
- I like to use a food processor to cut up the ingredients that make up the crust. The key is to make sure that you process each of them individually, otherwise you will end up with a mushy looking mess. You want each of the ingredients to stand out.
- First start with processing the dried apricots until they are like minced apricots. Scrape them out onto a plate as shown in the picture above.
- Then process the cranberries. Scrape them out onto the plate.
- Then the bacon. Scrape them out onto the plate.
- Then the parsley and onion together. Scrape them out onto the plate.
- Then mix together all the processed ingredients.
Putting the Cheese Ball Together:
- Now it’s time to cover the cheese ball in all of the crust ingredients. To do this lightly press the crust ingredients into the sides of the cheese ball. Cheese balls are not easy to roll, so I find it best to press the ingredients into the ball. Press until all of the ingredients are used.
- Cover the cheese ball in plastic wrap then place it in the fridge for at least one hour to chill.
- Serve with crackers. Fresh vegetables like celery and carrot sticks are great too!
Keywords: cheese ball recipe, cheese ball with no nuts, classic cheese ball