A classic recipe for Apple Crisp. Baked chopped apples topped with a mixture of oats and brown sugar. Excellent for breakfast or dessert and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 5 apples (peeled and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water or apple juice
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl mix together the chopped apples, lemon juice, sugar and water.
- Let the apple mix rest while you make the crumble topping. Make sure to stir it a couple of times.
- While the apple mix is resting, in a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, salt and sugar.
- Pour the melted butter over the oat mix, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the apple mix to an oven proof dish (a 1.6L casserole dish works great).
- Crumble the oat mix on top of the apples. Do NOT stir.
- Bake uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Keywords: apple crisp, crisp recipe, fall dessert