These Cinnamon Salt Ornaments are great as homemade gifts. They’re quick & easy to make, and so much fun for kids to make too! This batch of dough was enough for my 3 kids to make about 10 ornaments each.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 – 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, roll into a ball of dough.
- Then roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out the dough into shapes using cookie cutters. Keep rolling out the small scraps of dough and make ornaments until the dough is all gone.
- Using a toothpick, make a hole somewhere on the ornament so it can be hung.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 2 hours, or let air dry. See notes.
- Run a piece of ribbon or twine through the hole and hang!
** TIP: I noticed when I baked these that the bottom of the ornaments were a much nicer darker colour than the tops after baking. Next time I would place the ornaments face down on the cookie sheet for baking.**
Keywords: cinnamon salt ornaments, salt ornaments, Christmas ornaments, handmade Christmas