This Cinnamon Apple Pull-Apart Bread is sweet, gooey and full of delicious cinnamon sugar coated apples! So good right out of the oven.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp skim milk powder
- 1 tsp bread machine yeast
Cinnamon Apple Mixture:
- 1 apple diced small
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Add all of the bread ingredients to the bread machine in the order I have them listed.
- Set the bread machine to the dough cycle.
- When the dough is finished, remove it from the machine and set it in a warm place, cover with a clean tea towel, and let rise for 1 hour.
- At this point, you can put it in the fridge to use the next day, but when you take it out, let it sit for 30 minutes to warm up.
Cinnamon Apple Mix:
- Peel and dice the apple into small pieces.
- Mix the apple with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt your butter. Set aside.
Putting it together:
- Roll out the dough to measure 12 x 18 inches.
- Slather it with the melted butter.
- Spread the apple cinnamon mix evenly over the dough. Use all of it. (see picture)
- Cut your dough into 6 even strips, vertically.
- Stack the dough pieces on top of each other. (see picture)
- Cut into 6 even strips again.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Line the pieces of dough in your prepared baking pan. You don’t have to worry too much about how to line them up…just get all the dough in the pan.
- Cover your pan with a clean tea towel again, and let rise for 30-45 minutes more.
- Then, in a preheated 350 degree oven, bake for 35-45 minutes. (I put a cookie sheet under my tin, because the sugar mixture tends to bubble over.)
- When baking is complete, take bread out of the oven, and let rest in the pan for about 15 minutes.