These Christmas Oat Drops are a soft, flavourful oat cookie that you can make festive for the holidays with the addition of red and green white chocolate chips!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (in Christmas colours: I found mine at Bulk Barn)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and white and brown sugars, until smooth.
- Add the eggs, mixing in one egg at a time. Then mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and combine.
- Stir in the red and green chips.
- Roll the cookie batter into 1 inch balls, and place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes (I do 8 because the cookies are soft).
Tip: If you wish, you can use red and green smarties instead!