These Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a fun summer treat! Make a batch of homemade cookies and fill them with ice cream, then let the kids decorate!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Smarties for decorating (or what ever candy you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mix to sugar mix, and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For regular cookies, drop 1 heaping tbsp of batter onto cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- For larger cookies for ice-cream sandwiches, drop a heaping 2 tbsp mound of batter onto the cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes. Watch carefully. They are best when still a bit soft and chewy.
For Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Cool cookies completely.
- You can assemble your ice cream sandwiches about 2-3 days ahead of time.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup ice cream between 2 cookies.
- Decorate edges with Smarties (or what ever candy you like)