These Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and SO chocolatey. And they are not fussy to make at all. Just easy, and delicious! This. This is a go-to recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate chunks (See Notes)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or slightly oil it.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about 1 min.
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into butter mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Use about 1 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie, and place your cookie sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart. Don’t press them down as they will spread as they bake.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges, about 8 to 10 min.
- I didn’t have any dark chocolate chips so I just used regular chocolate chips and chopped up 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares.
- Sometimes I find the 2 cups of chocolate chips too much, so I use 1 cup and they’re delicious.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies