These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are soft, chewy and chocolaty! They will satisfy your cookie cravings in one pan! You need to make them.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into butter mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the pan. ** See notes for a tip you can’t miss **
- Bake until the cookie bar is golden around the edges, about 30 min.
- The sides should look more puffed up than the centre, so don’t worry…this is the key to chewy chocolate chip bars!
- Cool in the pan until the cookie slab is completely cooled. You can even put it in the fridge if you like.
- Once the slab is has completely cooled, remove the slab from the pan, by holding the parchment paper. Place it on a cutting board and cut into squares. These are rich, so 1 inch squares will likely be perfect!
The dough is sticky, but I found that the dough pressed into the pan much easier once it was chilled. If you can, place the dough into the fridge for about 10 minutes before pressing into the pan.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bars, cookie bars