- 1 chicken carcass
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 celery, coarsely chopped
- 3 coarsely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- In a stock pot, cover carcass completely with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and spices.
- Simmer uncovered for about 3 hours, adding water as needed.
- After 3 hours, strain broth. I throw out all the chunks. (I used to try to save everything for my soup, but there are too many small bones.)
Please note, that stocks typically are unsalted. So when you are making your soup, you will have to be sure to salt it!