These Chicken Kabobs are made with tender and delicious chicken marinated in a tangy lemon garlic dressing. Load them up with your favourite vegetables and get grilling! A perfect summer dinner.
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh (juice of one medium lemon))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro
- 2 fresh yellow peppers
Optional vegetable additions:
- 1 inch red onion, cut into 1/2 squares
- 1 inch small zucchini, cut into 1/2 squares
- 1 cup whole mushrooms, cut in half
- grape tomatoes
- Cut the chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour on the fresh lemon juice, olive oil and white wine. Toss to coat chicken pieces.
- Scatter the finely minced garlic and cilantro over the chicken and toss well.
- Cover the dish or seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour, preferably over night.
- Cut peppers into 1 inch squares.
- Soak eight wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers alternating with yellow peppers and any additional vegetables you would like.
- Place the skewers on plate and baste with any remaining marinade.
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Grill kabobs until lightly browned and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees C, approximately 7-10 minutes per side. Baste along the way with any leftover marinade and turn half-way through cooking.
Marinate the chicken in the marinade for at least one hour, but overnight will make them most flavourful!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Barbecue
Keywords: chicken skewers, chicken kabobs