These Chewy Date Oat Bars are packed full of dates, prunes, dried fruit, coconut, almonds and oats. A delicious and healthy snack!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran or ground flax (I used oat bran)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (I used shredded sweetened coconut)
- 1/4 cup crushed slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/3 cup finely chopped prunes
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins or dried cranberries or dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (oats, flour, oat bran, coconut, crushed almond, chopped dates, chopped prunes, and chopped raisins or apricots). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl melt together the coconut oil and condensed milk until it is a smooth mixture (don’t cook it, just melt it). Then stir in the baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. I used a mixer to do this.
- Press the mixture into a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly browned).
- Let cool, then cut into squares or bars.
- Category: Snack
Keywords: dates, granola bars, oat bars, date bars, healthy snack