This Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Penne is creamy, flavourful and so delicious! Ready in under 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 pkg of Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 3 slices of bread (made into bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- slices pickled Jalapeno pepper for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heavy pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, whisk in the flour until it is fully combined.
- Whisk in the whole milk, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the dry mustard, and chopped Jalapeno peppers.
- Add the shredded cheese, and stir constantly until the cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Cook the penne pasta until it is al dente. Then drain and add the noodles to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the cheese mixture to the penne and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, then sprinkle them evenly over the pasta. Top with a few pickled Jalapeno pepper slices as a garnish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pasta is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can use gluten free penne pasta in this recipe too!