Cheddar and Dill Buttermilk Quick Bread
This Cheddar and Dill Buttermilk Quick Bread is light and flaky and bursting with flavour! This bread requires no kneading and no rising, and you can have it on your table in about one hour.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- Whisk the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and dill.
- Line a 9 x 5 baking tin with parchment paper and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
Keywords: buttermilk quick bread, dill bread, quick bread