The addition of butter, cream and fresh green onion make these Champ Mashed Potatoes a delicious side dish, and a nice change from regular mashed potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the peeled and chopped potatoes into a large pan filled with enough salted cold water to just cover the potatoes. Boil until tender.
- When the potatoes are done boiling, drain them and mash. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat, then add the cream. Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Add the milk mixture to the mashed potatoes and stir, mixing well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Side Dish