Don’t throw away those fresh carrot tops, make Carrot Top Pesto! It’s delicious added to pasta, salads, soups and spread on sandwiches!
- 2 cups fresh carrot tops
- 1/2 to 1 fresh garlic scape (if you don’t have a garlic scape, feel free to use 1 – 2 cloves garlic instead)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, blend together the carrot tops, garlic scape (or cloves) and Parmesan cheese, until it is a rough paste.
- Then while the processor is running, slowly pour in the olive oil (through the tube), until combined. The pesto should be a semi-thick paste.
- If the pesto is too dry, just add more olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.