This Carrot Cake Sheet Cake Recipe with a Cream Cheese Frosting is tender, sweet and so delicious! This recipe is made with less oil than many other carrot cake recipes.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces block of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- sweetened shredded coconut for sprinkling
Making the Cake
- Preheat your oven oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 pan, with either grease and flour, or a baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs, apple sauce, oil, sugars and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Pour into your 9×13 prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Making the Frosting
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and icing sugar, until smooth.
Putting the Cake Together
- Let the cake cool in the pan completely before frosting.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread the frosting evenly on the cake.
- Optional: Sprinkle the frosted cake with the sweetened, shredded coconut.
- Cut and serve!
If you like pecans or raisins in your carrot cake, feel free to add 1/2 cup of either to the cake batter before baking.
- Category: Baking
Keywords: carrot cake, sheet cake