These are amazing with Cream Cheese Drizzle.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk (depending on the consistency you want for your drizzle)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash cinnamon
Making the Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl whisk together the fresh ginger, egg, brown sugar, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Then stir in the grated carrots, raisins and any other optional ingredients you would like.
- Add the carrot mix to the flour mix, and gently combine.
- Set the mixture aside to rest while you make the cream cheese topping.
- When you are ready, cook the pancakes on a medium-high grill, about 2-3 minutes per side, or until you see the bubbles popping. I use about 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
Making the Cream Cheese Drizzle
- We found the best way to mix this was to use a hand blender. It makes it all nice and smooth!
- Just put everything together and mix thoroughly. If the topping is too thick, just add milk a little bit at a time until it’s the way you like it.
- And serve drizzled over your yummy carrot cake pancakes. You can also serve with extra maple syrup if you wish!