This Caramel Nut Breakfast Cake is a delicious cake recipe perfect for breakfast or any time of day! This simple recipe uses a white cake mix for the base.
- 1 white cake mix (take out 1 cup of the mix for the topping)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of the white cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure you measure out 1 cup of white cake mix and set it aside for the topping.
- Using a mixer, combine the boxed cake mix (minus the 1 cup), flour, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat the mix for 2 minutes until smooth. Then pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pan (you can also line it with parchment paper if you like).
- In a separate bowl combine the 1 cup cake mix, brown sugar, nuts and melted butter.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the cake, then using a knife swirl the mixture into the batter, until you have a marbled effect.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- When the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- During this time make the glaze by combining the icing sugar, corn syrup and water, and mix until smooth.
- Then drizzle the glaze over the cake. I put my glaze into a small ziplock bag, cut a tiny bit off of the corner of the bag then used it to pipe the glaze onto the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!