These Cake Doughnut Muffins are a delicious and easy homemade snack! A sweet light cinnamon flavoured muffin with a scrumptious cinnamon sugar mix on top!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add the milk mix to the flour mix and gently combine. Don’t over mix the batter or the muffins will be chewy.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups, then fill them about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While the muffins are baking, make the topping: the melted butter and cinnamon/sugar are to be prepared separate!
- First melt the butter in one bowl.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- As soon as the muffins come out of the oven, remove them from the tin.
- Dip muffin tops in butter, then dip in sugar/cinnamon mix.