This Butter Tart Square recipe is a simple and delicious dessert recipe! A delicious gooey, sweet and buttery layer over a shortbread cookie crust.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- pinch salt
Butter Tart Layer
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp flour
- 3/4 cup coconut ((optional))
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut together the flour, sugar, salt and butter, until it is the consistency of sand.
- Press this mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
Butter Tart Layer:
- In a bowl mix together the brown sugar, baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the coconut (if you are using it) and the raisins. Combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the filling mixture over the cookie crust.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes minutes.
- Let the square cool completely before cutting it into squares. If you can, wait at least 2-3 hours.