These Butter Tart Squares with A Shortbread Cookie Crust are sweet and taste just like a Butter Tart. Perfect for the holidays!
The Shortbread Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- pinch salt
The Butter Tart Filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp flour
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
The Shortbread Crust:
- In a bowl, using a pastry cutter, cut together the flour, sugar, salt and butter, until it is the consistency of sand.
- Press the flour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
The Butter Tart Filling:
- In a bowl mix together the brown sugar, baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the coconut, raisins and nuts. Mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. If you can, wait at least 2-3 hours.