This 4-Ingredient Brown Sugar Rib Spice Rub is simple to make, and so delicious you’ll never make ribs again without it! Apply this rub to the ribs, then them bake for a few hours resulting in the most flavourful and tender ribs ever. I like to finish these baked ribs on the BBQ with our favourite BBQ sauce.
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 – 3 tbsp chili powder
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 racks of back ribs (see above picture)
Making the Rub:
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, brown sugar, chili powder and fresh ground pepper.
Making the Ribs:
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay the ribs out onto a cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
- Rub all of the rub mixture all over the top, meaty part of the ribs.
- Completely and tightly cover the ribs with another sheet of tin foil.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Once the ribs have baked, you can slather them in your favourite BBQ sauce, and finish them off on your BBQ at medium to hight heat. Cook them just long enough for the BBQ sauce to caramelize and the ribs to get at great smoky BBQ flavour.
I like to double or even triple this recipe, then I store what I don’t use, and keep it for later.