This Brie with Cranberry Balsamic Chutney is a simple and festive holiday appetizer! The sweet and tart of the cranberries pairs perfectly with creamy Brie cheese. Serve with bread or crackers.
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar (white or red)
- To a saucepan add the fresh cranberries, sugar, water and orange juice.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to soften and the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh rosemary and balsamic vinegar.
- Turn up the heat to low-medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce is the consistency that you like. This takes about 10 minutes or so.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove the rosemary sprig.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature before serving.
- Once it has cooled, pile it on to a Brie wheel, and serve with slices of fresh baguette or crackers!
Keywords: cranberry chutney, Brie appetizer, holiday appetizer, appetizer