This recipe for a Pail Full of Bran Muffins is made with bran flakes cereal. Keep the batter in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, and bake muffins as you want them.
- 5 1/2 cups bran cereal flakes
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl combine the buttermilk and bran flakes. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil and eggs.
- Stir in both sugars and vanilla.
- Then stir in the bran mixture and raisins. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the bran mix with the flour mix.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
The batter can stay in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Bake the muffins as you want them.
Keywords: bran muffin recipe, muffin, bran muffins