These Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes are SO delicious. A delicious white cupcake with a creamy pudding filling, all topped off with a rich chocolate ganache.
Cupcakes and Pudding:
- 1 package of yellow or white cake mix
- 1 package of vanilla pudding powder
Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
- 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker’s)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Making the Cupcakes and Pudding:
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool.
- Make pudding according to package directions. Let cool.
Making the Chocolate Ganache:
- Grate your chocolate squares, and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, simmer your 2/3 cup cream for a few minutes, just so it’s nice and hot.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate. Don’t stir it yet – let it sit and just wait for about 2 minutes.
- Then gently stir. Let sit again for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently again until fully combined. I think this is to prevent bubbles.
- Let cool.
Filling the Cupcakes:
- I used a cake frosting gun, filled with the pudding, but you can also use a ziplock bag with the corner cut out.
- Note: There are 2 options for doing this.
- Option #1: You can squeeze the pudding into the centre of the cupcake, taking care to not overfill, or your cupcake will split. (I used this method, and it worked fine, except some cupcakes had a lot of pudding, and some not so much. With this method it’s hard to know how much pudding goes in.)
- Option #2: Or, you can cut a core out in the centre of your cupcake and fill that. I think I would try this next time.
Putting the Cupcakes Together:
- Pour the ganache over your filled cupcakes.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
Keywords: boston cream pie cupcakes