This Blueberry Balsamic Grilled Turkey Salad is a delicious and easy summer meal! Loaded with fresh summer blueberries and peaches, flavourful grilled turkey, and goat cheese, all drizzled with a blueberry balsamic vinaigrette. So good.
Grilled Turkey Breast:
- 1 turkey breast (approximately 2 lbs)
- ~ 1 tsp salt for the dry rub
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup or more of fresh blueberries
- 1 peach (sliced)
- 2 tbsp sliced red onion
- sliced sweet peppers
- spiralized butternut squash (optional)
- goat cheese
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- For an extra moist and flavourful grilled turkey breast, I like to add a dry brine. To do this sprinkle the meat with the 1 tsp of salt. Let it rest in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
Making the Blueberry Vinaigrette:
- Using a hand blender or food processor, combine all of the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Grilling the Turkey Breast:
- You will need a good instant read thermometer.
- After the turkey has had time to rest in the dry salt brine, preheat your BBQ to 225 – 250 degrees.
- Season the turkey with fresh ground pepper.
- You want to roast the turkey over indirect heat, so add the turkey to a top rack in your barbecue. Let it sit and cook until the internal temperature is 150 degrees.
- Then quickly take the meat off of the grill, turn up the heat in your barbecue to high, keep the lid open, and give the turkey breast a quick sear on both sides. Flipping the breast multiple times, searing it until it has a nice crust…this part should only take 5 minutes. The final internal temperature should measure 165 degrees.
- When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for a couple of minutes.
Assembling the Salad:
- While the turkey is grilling, you can begin to assemble the fresh salad ingredients.
- Wash and dry the butter lettuce and fresh blueberries. Slice the peach, red onions and sweet peppers.
- Then assemble everything is a large salad bowl.
Putting it all together:
- When it is time to serve the grilled turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain. Then lay it on your assembled salad.
- Crumble on the goat cheese.
- Drizzle with the blueberry balsamic dressing.
- Serve with fresh bread and enjoy!
Keywords: blueberry vinaigrette, grilled turkey, salad, turkey salad