Let the steak marinade for at least 2 hours, overnight is best!
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Montreal Steak Spice (or see Tips!)
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary (crushed)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade (everything except the meat). Set aside.
- Using a fork, pierce the flank steak all over, front and back. Then put it into a large ziplock bag.
- Add the marinade to the bag, then seal the bag. Turn the steak around inside the bag making sure the steak is well coated with the marinade.
- Let the steak sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. We like it even better when it is marinated overnight.
- When you are ready to cook it, preheat your BBQ to high heat. See Tips!
- Brush the grill with a little bit of oil, then add your steak, sear it on both sides, then turn down the heat to medium, and cook each side about 7 minutes, or longer if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove the steak from the BBQ and let it rest about 5 minutes before you slice it up and serve it. When slicing flank steak, make sure to cut against the grain of the meat.
If you don’t have Montreal Steak Spice, you can substitute it with: 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 – 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
Keywords: flank steak marinade