Basil Tomato Bruschetta
This Tomato Basil Bruschetta Recipe is delicious and makes the most tasty and easy appetizer! Tomato-y, garlicky and so good.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 - 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3 large tomatoes)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 large baguette
- 1–2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, onions, basil, olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Lay the bread slices out on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan on low-medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Then brush the toasts with the garlic butter.
- Put into the preheated oven for 5 – 8 minutes, until the bread is golden. Make sure to watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Once the baguette slices are toasted, remove them from the oven.
- Spoon the bruschetta tomato mixture onto the tops of each toasted bread slice.
- Enjoy immediately!
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, easy bruschetta, tomato bruschetta