This recipe makes 1 loaf, but it is easily doubled if you would like 2.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Then beat the flour mix into the butter mix, until it has the consistency of brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
Keywords: banana bread recipe