This Banana Bread Sheet Cake is a tender and delicious cake recipe! Great for snacking or even as a birthday cake.
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas (mashed about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, mixing in one at a time. Then add the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the milk and sour cream.
Now it’s time to put it all together:
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, followed by 1/3 of the milk/sour cream mixture and repeat until it is all combined.
- To this batter add the mashed bananas and mini chocolate chips, then combine.
- Pour the batter into your 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. (Check your cake after 30 minutes to see how it is baking.)
- Cool and enjoy!